Wednesday, April 01, 2009

back on track

Where did March go? Anyone else feel like it just zipped by? There are many boring reasons why I haven't posted in awhile (reorganzing our apartment, preparing for craft shows, taxes, etc) but I shall skip them all and move on to good stuff I have seen/done lately.

+First up, I got a new bike! In the end, I choose (with Aren's expert help) a Batavus Old Dutch. It has similar lines to the Velorbis but at less than half the price. It's also available locally so no shipping charges. Mine is very similar to the one in the photos except it's glossy black, has my Brooks saddle on, a back basket and has a 3 speed internal hub. It's so nice have gears! It's a bit heavier than my old bike but I've gotten used to it and now love the gliding on air feeling.
+ I am now obsessed with bikes. I am constantly checking them out wherever I go. I even had a fleeting thought of being a bike mechanic.

+ I've been baking alot. Raspberry drop scones (I added blueberries as well), the biscuits above, chocolate chip and nib cookies, bread.

+ I've made the bread before. The recipe comes from Karin Eriksson via the In The Kitchen With series at the ever wonderful Design*sponge. I'm still using this recipe and loving it. It's so easy! The bread is lovely, hearty, crunchy and chewy. I usually use a mix of spelt and rye flour. Easy isn't always best but when it yields such great results, I'm all for it.

+ There are some new things for spring in the shop. Right now it's just scarves but soon (by the end of the week?) there will be tote bags, wallets, ties, pocket squares and possibly some new products if my prototypes turn out.

+ This stopped me in my tracks. I had no idea it even existed. via

+ I'm sure the One in 8 Million has been everywhere already but it's so good. I love how the images and photos work together so well to give you a sense of the person and their story. I feel it's more effective than a moving image somehow.

+ What else? I have been going to the gym 3 times a week and yoga twice. I think I finally understand what people were talking about how they feel so good after exercising. I also feel more balanced and focused. I agree with Holly, exercise boosts creativity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home