Thursday, March 05, 2009


I am teaching 2 new classes at The Workroom and I am pretty excited about both. The first one is the Tea Party Dress or Playsuit from Oliver + S. I made the dress and bloomer option for a sophiscated toddler I know (model photos to follow). It's such a cute pattern, I mean bloomers?! Come on.

I also decided to do a colour story inspired by Inchmark. It was really great way to help decide on which fabrics went where and get a sense of how the colours and patterns worked together (or not, I didn't include the failures) proportionally.


It's a great pattern full of tips and yields a very well constructed outfit. Finishing details make such a difference in the way a garment hangs and wears. This pattern goes over those plus covers some nice construction details so you end up with a more professional looking garment and get a chance increase your sewing skills.


I think there are a few spots left for this class, let Karyn know if you are interested.

5 Comments:

Blogger karyn said...

i wish i knew more little girls. everyone i know has little boys and i'd much rather make girls clothes.

nonetheless, i CAN'T wait for this class. i'm still making a dress and hopefully one day, one of my friends will have a girl and i'll be ready with the perfect gift!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your color story.. that is a seriously beautiful version of the tea party dress. Well done.

11:13 PM  
Blogger SWJ + LRB said...

I can't wait to take this class from you. I always enjoy them so much.

I am away for the March session, but hope there will be another one in the future. Our friends are all having babies and so far, they are all girls! This outfit is perfect.

10:43 AM  
Blogger little EGG said...

it is super cute! did you get the pattern online? If I make a few dresses now Rosemary will be outgrowing them by Aug!!!

12:26 PM  
Blogger skona said...

karyn: there's always the playsuit option but i understand. how does one resist bloomers?
brooke: thanks so much! it's such a cute pattern.
lauren: thank you, that's so nice to hear!
gonella gang: i got the pattern from the workroom but you can buy it directly from oliver + s, http://www.oliverands.com/patterns/summer/patterns2.phtml. check out the birthday dress and the sailor pants. too much!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home