Monday, November 05, 2007

a little late

I have decided to participate in this even though we are five days into November. I just found out about so I figure better late than never, right? I've gotten out the blogging groove so hopefully this will help make it more of habit.

Last night, I hosted a CraftOn at my house. LQ and LW brought their projects (wool sculpture and cross-stitch christmas tree ornaments, respectively) and tasty treats over and we crafted away. Sorry about the blurry photo, must invest in a tripod soon.

I worked on a remodel of our bathmat. Our bathroom is small, monochromatic but a wee bit dingy (ie. needs a paint job and a tile/vanity/flooring upgrade. Ah, the joys of renting) and our yellow bathmat ended up looking stained rather than pleasantly pale. It is still in good shape so I thought a top level refit would sort it out. I was going to go a patchwork design inspired by these beautiful rugs but decided it was going to take too long. I designed block and everything (it probably already exists, I'm not an expert on quilt blocks) so maybe I'll make something else with it one day.

The other day I stopped by the Virgina Johnson store and bought some scraps for five dollars. Her prints are so lovely and just the right about of colour/scale of pattern for the bathmat project. The VJ scrap was a little small so I added a little strip of fabric and am quilting it to the mat. I am going to bind it with some linen. More photos once it is finished.

I went to library on Sunday for the first time in ages. I found tons of good books (more tomorrow) but I will leave you with this snap from 'Swedish Style'. Isn't wonderful? So simple, airy, clean. I love the contrast between the linen and the wood.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All so interesting!
Imagine refitting a bathmat ... you are a wonder!
I too love that Swedish wood and linen pic - I want that to be my house.

4:12 AM  
Blogger skona said...

singne: thanks! it reminds me of that beautiful poster you have at your house, with the pitcher of hosehips.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poster is from Skansens open-air museum in Stockholm - I brought it back from my visit in 1991, it really appealed to me - glad you liked it.

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home