Sunday, May 13, 2007

pink and red


Remember this? I finished it a while ago and finally got it in the mail to it's receipent, Sadie, on the occasion of her birth. I am quite happy with the way it turned out. I thought the 2" would make me mental but it was totally fine. I was surprised to discover that I liked the hand quilting more than anything else (cutting out, machine pieceing, hand sewing the binding).


I used only vintage and thrifted fabric, some yardage, some skirts/shirts. It took awhile to amass enough to get started but it was kind of fun as I had no idea what would actually be in the quilt until I found it at the thrift store.


The backing is a cozy flannel with tiny pink hearts. The binding is from a duvet cover of the Ikea persausion, I believe.

I can't wait to start on the next one. I'm thinking a log cabin summer quilt.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks great ... it's going to be a very welcomed gift I'm sure!
I love that it's made from all previously used materials ... there's a lot of history sewn in there.
My own little quilt is still sitting there not quite finished ... you are an inspiration! xox Singne

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of hard work but absolutely beautiful, well done! (I'm sure sadie loved it)!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh domestic diva, looks fab. I was at the park yesterday as the wringer. OH MY good year not to be there but sad that its still 5 steps forward 3 steps back. -LB-

12:38 PM  
Blogger little EGG said...

Yahoo! It looks fantastic! Keep us posted on the summer one.

6:01 PM  
Blogger mom/bonnie said...

Oh Reva,
What lovely things you bring into our lives...
what a lucky girl sadie is to get this quilt...
this blog is so you sweetie...such beautiful
images that reflect the inner artist that you are
I am sitting here in awe and admiration for your
artistry and talent and knowledge...
I love you,
Mom

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaay! a new banner, all pink and red to match the title underneath it!

3:37 AM  
Blogger ashley said...

oooh i love this quilt! hey- if you are ever visiting the san francisco bay area you shoulod check out ambatalia fabrics... they are a green fabric boutique that specializes in organic, sustainable and vintage fabric by the yard. the owner has the best taste.. it's a total treasure trove. she has blog too: ambataliafabrics.blogspot.com

1:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

where did you go skona? we like you and miss you

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home