Thursday, November 23, 2006

a month of thrifting

I found these yesterday. I couldn't believe it: after discussions here, months of loving them and being perplexed about why I have never across them in my thrifting, there they were, in all their porcelain glory in the Goodwill. I tried not to be greedy and only bought 2.


The little decorative plate hangs above the kitchen sink and makes me happy when I do the dishes (my least favorite household chore).



The embroidery is on a small tablecloth that needs a little repair but I love the lanterns. And what can I say, I love fabric!

Now I just need a french press for the cover to keep warm.


The baubles were made in East Germany and are beautiful. They were supposed to be a hostess gift as I'm making our tree decorations of the yarn pictured but since I have got them home, I'm feeling all hoardy.

I am now on a thrifting diet (except for essentials).

6 Comments:

Blogger singne said...

You must have been so excited when you came across those cups. Great finds!

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only two!!!!! What lovely finds!!!
Enjoy :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

what a haul!!

and such lovely photos of everything!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am delighted to have found your blog!

Happy Thirfting and what lovely things you have found!

8:28 AM  
Blogger skona said...

singne+lisa: thanks!
julie: i decided to only take two as we don't really need anymore cups and i was also imagining someone else's delight at finding them. every once and awhile, i regret it but only for a moment.
jessica: thanks and welcome!

10:49 AM  
Blogger skona said...

jessica: thanks!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home