Thursday, October 19, 2006

...


it's been a long couple of weeks and it's not over yet. for the most part, I enjoy my life as freelancer. i work from home, i have a (mostly) flexible schedule, i work a wide variety of projects and i meet a lot of interesting people. but it's not easy. not knowing when the next gig will be means i am often working on up to 5 projects at once and not all are that interesting/challenging/inspiring. i work long hours, usually 10-12 hours a day, seven days a week. i sometimes feel isolated as it's usually just me and my sewing machine (or let's be honest, me and the mall. shopping is a huge part of my job.) that being said i can't imagine it other way. well, a little more money would be nice.


Things that are making me happy right now:
+ the colour palette of my laundry
+ this free font called 'creatures' via swissmiss
+ grey and gold
+ participating in beautiful use.
+ trying new recipes. right now, i am making 2 dinners a night - one for the freezer and one for lunch the next day. corn chowder, teriyaki vegetables and tofu, pumpkin soup, indian inspired burritos, greek rice...mostly vegan.
+ taking photos. i took a little break and i can't wait to start again! i see beautiful images everywhere.
+ having a glass of red wine with dinner.
+ all the local squashes that are available in grocery stores.
+ my cupboard for special, beautiful dishes/vases/plates. i use them all the time but in our new apartment, we have a surplus of cupboards so they get their own little spot. i like to set up different arrangements. it gives me such joy to open it up and....see all my beauties.
+ the muted range of colours that plants have at this time of year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a lovely post. i enjoyed reading the list of things you're loving...color palette of your laundry made me smile. beautiful photos too. i'm really enjoying your blog.
cheers, shari

4:01 PM  
Blogger skona said...

thanks!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home