Sunday, November 19, 2006

what i did today...

...after i discovered that a accidentally took my keys and transit pass when he left for a looooong editing session this morning. first, there was cursing. and stomping.

then i set to work on replacing a's backpack zipper. i have been meaning to do this for 2 weeks and haven't gotten around to it. as a result of the broken zipper, a has been using my messenger bag and thence the accidental removal of my keys and pass. i hate it when you do it to yourself.


banana ginger muffins were up next.


slightly old morrocan clementines became the best juice ever to go along with my slightly pathetic lunch of hummus and tortilla chips.


after some tidying and laundry, it suddenly occured to me how to solve my jumble of an underwear drawer - fabric boxes! i started to work right away, using some of the fabric that i picked up yesterday at the danish craft bazaar for 25 cents a piece.


tea time.


and finally, i made dinner. 3 sisters casserole (squash, corn and beans) from the new vegetarian times magazine. yum.

more pictures of the finished boxes tomorrow as it was too dark by the time i finished.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this kind of day--which begins poorly, but turns out to be just lovely. I associate them with winter.

and--Hello! Found you via Lisa Solomon.

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your day. those muffins look great as does the casserole.

cheers! shari

4:49 PM  
Blogger skona said...

eireann: hello to you too! yes, it's great when things turn better than you think.
shari: the casserole is a keeper. it's great combination of flavours. and it's hard to go wrong with banana muffins in my book.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home