Tuesday, June 17, 2008

100th post and dinner


I made this (I subbed in asparagus for bok choy and chives for scallions. I also added strips of nori cuz I can't get enough of the stuff) for dinner tonight and it was super good. I have looking for the perfect tofu marinade, you know a good mix of salt, garlicky, spicy, doesn't require 10 thousand ingredients that you ditch at the end. This is it. I think what makes it genius is the grated ginger and the brown sugar. Next time, I think I will add some lime zest for a new variation.

Anyone else have any new favorite recipes?

I also just realized it's my 100th post. I think a small giveaway might be in order. Leave a comment by 9:00am Friday and I will randomly select someone. What will it be? I'm not sure but something nice and handmade.

4 Comments:

Blogger katastrophik said...

my new favorite recipe is

pasta with vegan pesto (nutritional yeast, more nuts and artichokes instead of cheese) with avocado and tomatoes.

a bit of bread and grapefruit juice.

almost as good as yours. i have the hardest time cooking tofu...i basically only ever bread and fry it.

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are our family's martha stewart with a conscience!! seriously reva, nana would be so proud. thanks for your beautiful card and i think i'll try this recipe. congrats on the 100th post. much love, ahbs

6:42 PM  
Blogger skona said...

katastrophik: yum, that sounds great. my usual pesto recipe includes basil, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. i like the idea of artichokes...i'll have to try it.
ahbi: thanks! i still make your tofu, mushroom and brocoli stir fry, so good.

10:16 AM  
Blogger little EGG said...

right now I'm craving fresh fruit and the season is dreadfully slow in getting going so I'm doing rhubarb from the garden cooked up with a little brown sugar, a little brandy, a little spice, rolled up in a nice thin crepe! yum yum!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home