Tuesday, May 13, 2008

a few favorites right now

+Fried rice.
So good, I stir fry whatever vegetables I have on hand (in this case, carrots, ramps, cremini and shitake mushrooms) with onions/shallots, garlic and ginger, some tofu if I feel like. Near the end, I add in tamari, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Then the brown rice. I prefer short grain. Stir, stir, mix, mix. Put in a bowl and top with chopped up nori.

+Berry ice cream
I suppose it's technically sorbet or sherbert since it has rice milk in it. For some reason, I like to call it ice cream. It's super easy to make: put frozen berries in a blender (I have been using the food processor attachment on our handheld blender stick) with fresh squeezed citrus juice (I have tried tangelo and lime separately, both delicious. You could totally have a mix of citrus, I personally don't enjoy the 5-Alive taste), a little maple syrup and a gulg or two of rice milk. Blend until very creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust accordingly.

+Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home