Monday, February 25, 2008

Now that I have more time, I'm back to proper cooking and baking. 101 cookbooks has been providing me with lots of gems recently. I have reading this website for ages, like back to the 90s. I have her first cookbook and like it quite a bit.

This cake is based on this recipe but I made it vegan. It was just what a cold night called for: lightly spiced, moist, not too sweet, tangy from the cranberries and excellent with tea. I subbed grapeseed oil for the butter, rice milk for the soy milk and 1/2 c of silken tofu for the eggs. I also added cranberries, powdered ginger, cardomon and allspice.

Recipes I have made and loved:
Thousand Layer Lasagne
Black Sticky Gingerbread
Coconut Chocolate Pudding
Tapioca Pudding
Big Sur Power Bars
Lemon Scented Quinoa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so special that you like to bake and cook. Congrats on tranforming a "regular" recipe into a vegan one. Not as easy as some might think, especially in the arena of baking.
Your tea cake sounds divine. Why did you pick grapeseed oil?
Why did you use rice milk and not soy?
Just curious.
Bonnie

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home