Wednesday, November 12, 2008

busy part 1 - linen legs and dimply cake

I have been busy. I am finally finishing projects that I started, well, so long ago it's embarassing to detail the exact date.


First up is the linen legs. A little creepy but so useful. My great boots do not stand up on their own so I made substitute legs out of linen, wool roving, lentils (at the bottom for stability), lavender (to discourage beasties from the lentils and to make my boots smell nice) and my precious ribbon from my 2006 port2port press calendar (the new one available nov 17!).

I also made a dimply plum cake which was so delicious that it was consumed before I could take a picture of it. It looked very close to the picture in the link except I sprinkled powdered sugar over it before serving. I subbed silken tofu for eggs and didn't add the butter as the recipe already called for oil. Yum.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Concha said...

the linen legs are brilliant! how come I never thought of that?

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those boot legs are marketable...love the lavender as
beastie control.
beejay7

9:28 AM  
Blogger skona said...

concha and beejay7: thanks!

11:45 AM  
Blogger karyn said...

this is a lovely idea for precious tall boots. you are always innovating!

1:35 AM  
Blogger skona said...

karyn: thanks! i'm just glad i finally finished them after talking about it for so long.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home